Photographic Print Information
All of our photographic prints are printed for us from Toni's original images by a professional lab. These are top quality proper photo prints on Fuji photographic paper. The estimate from the lab is that they have up to 100 years lightfastness under normal conditions and will not fade. The only thing photographic prints can be susceptible to is damp, if you are planning to hang them in a damper environment such as a kitchen or bathroom, we recommend taping the frame with waterproof tape such as duck tape, this is great for keeping moisture out.
Mounted and Framed Prints
These come in three print sizes. They are mounted in a cream mount with a stiff mountboard backing for stability.
Small: Print size 6x8" overall mounted size 10x8"
Medium: Print size A4 overall mounted size 14x11"
Large: Print size 12x16" overall mounted size 20x16"
All are standard print sizes and you should be able to find ready made frames in any country to fit. We offer a choice of black or oak effect frame which adds approximately 1" all around the mount. Each print comes with a label with a story about the print.
Large Unmounted Prints
Our large unmounted prints arrive rolled in a tube ready for framing and the larger sizes are great for making an impact on a big empty wall. They are an economic alternative to canvas prints, especially if you are shipping these outside of the UK and the tubes are solid enough to withstand the postal service.
There are four sizes available. We can also arrange other sizes for you on request, please contact us for help with this. We do not keep larger sizes in stock, they are made especially for you and sent out straight from our printers. For this reason they don't come with the story behind the print, but we will email you a link to download and print this.
12x16" approx 30.5x40.5 cm
14x20" approx. 35.5x51cm
16x24" approx. 40.5x61cm
24x36" approx. 61x91cm
When your print arrives we recommend the following if you are intending to frame it yourself:
- Remove the print carefully from the tube and white wrapper
- Unroll on a flat surface
- Pin the print down with something heavy at the edges for a day or so. (books are ideal)
- Once the print is nice and flat, you can either mount it, or frame it unmounted. To mount the print just order a mount in your chosen size, websites such as Toadprint or Frith and Company can help you with this and Hobbycraft also stock standard mounts and frames that should fit. Mount your print from the back of the mount, taping it in place on just one side. This will allow it to flatten as you frame it.
- Insert into the frame, use a card backing to keep the print flat, and seal up the frame.
- Alternatively you could use a clip or borderless frame and just pop the print inside once flat.
We have shown some framing ideas here. If you live in the UK and would like us to quote for framing and delivering a large print we can do this, just let us know